Right between those baby blues
1. Luke: "I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."
2. Luke: "Oh come on. Stop beatin' it. Get out there yourself. Stop feedin' off me! Get out of here. I can't breathe. Give me some air!"
3. Luke: "You made me like I am. Now just where am I supposed to fit in?"
Three questions for consideration:
1. What is the audience to glean from the strong paradox of likeable and unlikeable elements channeled in Luke?
2. What is the film's perspective on God?
3. How does Luke's attitude of "nothing - his "cool hand" - simultaneously inspire others and yet isolate himself?
-- Boscoe the Bear